Picture Book Preschool is a preschool/kindergarten curriculum which consists of a list of picture books to read aloud for each week of the year and a character trait, a memory verse, and activities, all tied to the theme for the week.
WEEK 45 (Nov) FOOD
Character Trait: Thanksgiving
Bible Verse: (God) gives food to every creature. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:25
1. Morris, Ann. Bread, Bread, Bread. Lothrop Lee, 1989.
2. Gibbons, Gail. Marge’s Diner. Crowell, 1989. OP
3. DePaola, Tomie. The Popcorn Book. Holiday House, 1978.
4. Carle, Eric. Pancakes, Pancakes. Knopf, 1970.
5. Aliki. Corn Is Maize: The Gift of the Indians. Crowell, 1976.
6. Aliki. A Medieval Feast. HarperCollins, 1987.
7. Brown, Marcia. Stone Soup. Scribner’s, 1947.
BONUS: Ehlert, Lois. Eating the Alphabet: Fruits and Vegetables from A to Z. Harcourt Brace, 1989.
Activities: Cook together. Make cookies, pancakes, or popcorn. Make soup, and let your child put in the ingredients.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the preschool curriculum, Picture Book Preschool by Sherry Early, click on the PBP link in the sidebar for more information.