Uh-oh! I forgot to put up the Picture Book Preschool excerpt for this week.
Picture Book Preschool is a preschool/kindergarten curriculum which consists of a list of picture books to read aloud for each week of the year and a character trait, a memory verse, and activities, all tied to the theme for the week.
WEEK 44 (Oct) MORE POETRY
Character Trait: Joy
Bible Verse: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him. Romans 15:13a
1. O’Neill, Mary. Hailstones and Halibut Bones. Doubleday, 1961.
2. Rossetti, Christina. Color. Illustrated by Mary Teichman. Harper Collins, 1992. OP
3. Chorao, Kay. The Baby’s Good Morning Book. Dutton, 1986.
4. Brown, Margaret Wise. The Important Book. Harper, 1949.
5. Tresselt, Alvin. I Saw the Sea Come In. Lothrop Lee, 1954.
6. Seuss, Dr. The Cat in the Hat. Random, 1957.
7. Viorst, Judith. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Atheneum, 1972.
Activities: Practice making up your own color poems after reading Hailstones and Halibut Bones or your own “important” poems after reading The Important Book. Use the form in the book, but don’t worry about rhyming if your child isn’t ready for that yet.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the preschool curriculum, Picture Book Preschool by Sherry Early, or a set of some of the picture books listed in Picture Book Preschool, click on the PBP link at the top of this page for more information.