Picture Book Preschool is a preschool/kindergarten curriculum which consists of a list of picture books to read aloud for each week of the year and a character trait, a memory verse, and activities, all tied to the theme for the week.
WEEK 21 (May) ANIMAL STORIES
Character Trait: Curiosity
Bible Verse: And the child (Jesus) grew and became strong. Luke 2:40a
1. Heilbroner, Jan. Robert the Rose Horse. Random, 1962.
2. Tafuri, Nancy. Have You Seen My Duckling? Greenwillow, 1984.
3. Ichikawa, Satomi. Nora’s Duck. Philomel, 1991. OP
4. Flack, Marjorie. Angus and the Ducks. Doubleday, 1930.
5. Shaw, Nancy. Sheep in a Jeep. Houghton Mifflin, 1986.
6. Tworkov, Jack. The Camel Who Took a Walk. Dutton, 1951. OP
7. Rey, H.A. Curious George. Houghton Mifflin, 1941.
Discuss: What is good about curiosity? How can curiosity get you into trouble?
Activities: Play a rhyming game after reading Sheep in a Jeep. You say a word, and your child says a rhyming word.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the preschool curriculum, Picture Book Preschool by Sherry Early, click on the PBP link for more information.