While I was out, my favorite un-blogger, Mental Multivitamin, nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I’m honored, and I’d nominate her right back, but I think that would defeat the purpose of the award: to publicize and honor MORE blogs that make you think. So here, as instructed by the originator of this award, are my five nominations for The Thinking Blogger Award:
1. The Thinklings: Jared, Bird, Blo, Shrode, Kenny, Michael, and De. It doesn’t look as if these guys, who do manage to intersperse a lot of actual thinking into their group blog, have been nominated yet. Or else they haven’t responded to their many accolades. After all, it’s the “nexus of the intellectual universe,” and they’ve got a lot of thinking to do. You’ll find down-to-earth Christian thought at Thinklings with a debt and proper credit to C.S. Lewis and other thinkers of that ilk.
2. Phil and Lars at Brandywine Books are also busy thinking, and reading, and writing the great American novel. That would be Lars Walker who is, I’m convinced, busy writing that novel —in between house maintenance and repairs. Brandywine Books was also nominated for a Litty Award recently. They didn’t win, but they should have.
3. Debra of As I See It Now makes me think all by herself (it takes nine guys working together in the first two nominees ). Debra writes about the everyday thing of life in away that makes me take another look —and see God in the details.
4. Carmon at Buried Treasure is another lady who always makes me think. This month she celebrates National Poetry Month with a poem a day. I can hardly wait to read all the yummy poems that Carmon shares for April.
5. Finally there are the ladies at The Common Room: Headmistress, and her progeny, Head Girl, Equuschick, Pipsqueak, and Jennyanydots. They always have much wisdom to impart; most recently Headmistress has an excellent post on narration.
So, those are my nominations for Thinking Bloggers —although I could have named at least a couple of dozen more. May we all continue to read, think and learn ala Mental Multivitamin, and may iron sharpen iron as we blog together.