Picture Book Preschool is a preschool/kindergarten curriculum which consists of a list of picture books to read aloud for each week of the year and a character trait, a memory verse, and activities, all tied to the theme for the week.
WEEK 36 (Aug) AMERICAN FOLK TALES
Character Trait: Helpfulness
Bible Verse: Serve each other with love. Galatians 5:13b
1. Daugherty, James. Andy and the Lion. Viking, 1938.
2. Langstaff, John. Frog Went A Courtin’. Harcourt, 1967.
3. Spier, Peter. The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night. Doubleday, 1961.
4. Hogrogian, Nonny. One Fine Day. Macmillan, 1971.
5. Sawyer, Ruth. Journey Cake, Ho! Viking, 1953.
6. Galdone, Paul. The Gingerbread Boy. Clarion, 1983.
7. Galdone, Paul. Henny Penny. Clarion, 1968.
Activities: After reading The Gingerbread Boy, make some gingerbread with your child.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the preschool curriculum, Picture Book Preschool by Sherry Early, or a set of some of the picture books listed in Picture Book Preschool, click on the PBP link at the top of this page for more information.