Picture Book Preschool is a preschool/kindergarten curriculum which consists of a list of picture books to read aloud for each week of the year and a character trait, a memory verse, and activities, all tied to the theme for the week.
WEEK 31 (July) MATHEMATICS
Character Trait: Honesty
Bible Verse: Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:7
1. Anno, Mitsumasa. Anno’s Counting Book. Harper Collins, 1977.
2. Hoban, Tana. Count and See. Macmillan, 1972.
3. Giganti, Paul Jr. Each Orange Had 8 Slices. Greenwillow, 1992.
4. Macmillan, Bruce. Eating Fractions. Scholastic, 1991.
5. Giganti, Paul Jr. How Many Snails? Greenwillow, 1988.
6. Cook, Bernadine. The Little Fish That Got Away. Addison-Wesley, 1956. OP
7. Slobodkina, Esphyr. The Wonderful Feast. Greenwillow, 1993.
Activities: Make a habit of counting with your child. Things to count could include blocks, toy cars, raisins, pennies, etc.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the preschool curriculum, Picture Book Preschool by Sherry Early, or a set of the picture books listed in Picture Book Preschool, click on the PBP link in the sidebar for more information.